Friday 17 May 2013

Game Shows

Deal or No Deal

Deal or No Deal is the dumbest game show there is. The only reason why it is, or was, so popular is because you could win so much money. Really all there is to the show is picking a number and then being asked to keep the money or guess more numbers. It’s like they’re just giving away money.

The host Howie Mandel is a complete germaphobe. Germaphobes spend so much time washing their hands and they don’t like shaking hands or touching other people. The funniest part is they know they have a problem. My question is do they kiss or have sex with someone else? “Sorry babe, you’re hot but I’m afraid I can’t have sex with you out of fear of getting the flu.”

I do like how they have hot chicks holding onto a briefcase with a number on it. I hope they have a day job. I mean you’re on the show to look good and open your brief case.

I know they choose wacky and zany people to be on the show. And they get greedy. Obviously the audience wants them to keep on going. But I’m yelling at the television to take the offer! They don’t and it is unbearable to watch them lose so much money and see their dreams go down the toilet. I wonder if anyone on the show won a million dollars.

Then they made the dumbest game ever, Deal or No Deal. It’s all the fun of playing on the show without winning any money. So you pick numbers. I’m pretty sure if you’re playing it, you’re going to go as far as possible and say no deal. You won’t be like well I have made so much fake money I think it will make a deal. Then what happens? Does the game congratulate you for winning $100,000?


Jeopardy

As I mentioned earlier, contestants on Deal or No Deal can make thousands of dollars if they know how to count. On Jeopardy you have these brilliant people who study encyclopedias their whole lives and if they win, they can win like $30,000.

The answers work backwards. Each clue is in answer form so contestants ask the question. For example a clue might be “he is a pothead that lives in his parent’s basement.” “Who is Gregera?” If you give the right response you win that amount of money. If you’re wrong than you lose that amount of money. I just hope contestants don’t have to pay how much money they have lost.

There is final jeopardy, which is the last question of the game.  Each contestant must choose how much to wager and then are given 30 seconds to ask the question. While they are thinking you hear the classic jeopardy song. This song has been used all the time when people are thinking. For example I’m at the ice cream store and you could hear the song as I think of what flavor to choose.


Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

I do! I actually liked the show when it first aired on television. It was fresh and exciting and you wanted to see if anyone could win a million bucks. Then someone did. It was funny because he still had his phone call life line and he called his friend to say I just won a million dollars. I pretty much stopped watching it after that unless there’s nothing else on T.V.

At first you have all the time in the world to think over you’re answer. They changed that because people like me would spend maybe ten minutes to decide. I would take my time with so much money is on the line.

I think the show wanted each contestant to think out loud because it would be pretty boring if the person just stood there. And the games drag on. For every question, there is a commercial. So some people get maybe four questions each episode. I guess it saves money that way. Haha, I’ve seen this chick gets the wrong answer to the second question. And you hear the gasp of the audience. Haha.

The line “is that your final answer” by Regis Philbin has become famous. I mean what kind of sick asshole asks that after each answer. At first you think you have the answer than you’re asked is that your final answer and then you no fucking clue. It’s almost like “are you sure about your answer?”

You have three lifelines. Call a friend, 50/50 and ask the audience.  50/50 is where they remove two answers. Well idiots are talking about the answers and they often say they are thinking between two answers. Then they ask for 50/50 and the producers remove the two choices that they knew were wrong.

As its name implies; call a friend is where you call someone for help. I wonder how many friends you can choose because then I would have like ten friends who each have an expertise and cell phone. It’s funny when the contestant asks how certain their friend is. “I’m 51% sure.”

And whatever you do, don’t ask how they are. “Hi Aaron, how’s it going buddy.” “I am great Greg. How are you doing?” “I’m good. So I’m hoping if you know anything about computers. The question is which…” and the 30secs is up.

Finally they have ask the audience. I’d choose to use this life line for pop culture and not some obscure science question they would not have a clue. And then there are people who used up all of their lifelines for the first few questions.


Wheel of Fortune

Wheel of Fortune is my type of game. It stars Pat Sajak as the host and Vanna White as the hot cougar there to look pretty and turn the letters. Actually now she just touches them. I’m pretty damn good at it. For those who don’t know, you choose letters and try to answer the puzzle. I would pick S R T L N E because they are the most common letters.

You spin the wheel with different cash amounts and other prizes. However there are bad fortunes like bankruptcy or lose a turn; that can costs you the game. And you hear that sad sound. What pisses me off is someone has like $5,000 and the next person has like $500 and they solves the puzzle and fucks the other guy.

And there is one South Park episode where Randy in on the show. The puzzle is missing one letter and the theme is people who bother you. It’s suppose to be Naggers but I’ll let you figure it out on your own.


Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

I’m not. These questions are hard. Especially for 5th graders. I can barely answer the first grade questions. And contestants on the shows are picked because they’re complete idiots and are funny to laugh at. This one chick I found on Youtube that was so dumb, she even said she thought Europe was a country. And I’m thinking she must be putting on a show. She couldn’t be that retarded.




No comments:

Post a Comment