Friday 24 May 2013

The Power Went Out

All over my city of Sarnia the power went out the other day, right when I was in the middle of playing Zelda. I was fucking pissed off because I didn’t save for like an hour. And when it came back I didn’t feel like doing the dungeon all over again.

It reminds back in elementary school when your essay or document crashed and you didn’t back it up. My teacher Mrs. Delorme didn’t give a shit. “You should have saved it with a floppy disk.” By the way, did you notice if you took the “s” out it says floppy dik? Haha.

My friends told me they were in the theater when the power went out and everyone was using their cell phones to see in the dark. And some months ago I was in Future Shop when the lights went out for some reason and I heard some guys joking that “lets steal some movies.” It came back in five minutes.

So it was pitch black and a bitch finding the flashlights. And I kept forgetting the power was out as I would keep trying to turn the lights on. But don’t worry, I found my Nintendo DS and played some Zelda.

My mom lit up some candles. Which is sort of a catch 22.  You need the candles to see, but you need the matches to light the candle to see the matches. Or you need the flashlight to see the candles to see the flashlight. And do you remember as kids we had those toy flashlights with different colors?

It makes you think how people get annoyed when the power goes off or just  for a couple of hours. Imagine how you would manage without any power at all. Like in the 18th century. I guess that’s why people would go to bed once its dark and get up when the sun comes out. I mean what would they do at night anyway? Read a book like Moby Dick, haha dick, by candle light?

I get up at 11:00am and go to bed at 2:00am, with many naps in between. And when I am awake I play video games and watch T.V. And when I have gone out the house I listen to my Ipod 2000.

So I ask you, what would you do without electricity? Obviously that means no T.V. and no video games. If you would be able to have a Gameboy than that means a shitload of Duracell batteries. Without power I can’t recharge my Ipod 2000’s batteries. Or that’s one huge fucking Ipod. And no computers or internet. That means no I Have Issues.

I would have to write my blogs on paper. Too bad I wouldn’t be able to erase or use spell check. What would I do without it? I would probably go through infinity pens and papers. And without T.V. and videogames I have hardly any topics to write about anyway. No Inspector Gadget, no Jurassic Park and no Looney Toons.

And what about food? Without power and microwave dinners what would I eat? I guess I’d have to actually learn how cook and make eggs and sandwiches like everyone else.










No comments:

Post a Comment