Thursday 9 May 2013

How to Make a Blogpage like Me

I’m just going to say thanks for all of the positive feedback by fans. I appreciate comments even though I don’t always say thankyou or respond to each one. Mainly because I don’t know what to say other than “awesome.”

Now I have heard that a lot of people asking how I started my webpage and how to make their own. Well I actually have a blogpage that is created by blogspot.com.  It’s not too hard to make, just go search blogger.com or blogspot.com. You need an email and you have to fill out some personal info and blogger will take you step by step. It shouldn’t take too long. You have to make a password as well.

It’s a webpage that’s on the net. But you don’t have a real domain name. For example my blog name is “gregera.blogspot.com.” I’m looking to get something like “gregera.com.” After over two and half a years Norton has yet to approve my site as safe. So I think I want a real webpage to get more traffic. I have bought a device that gives you a free webpage and pays for your first three months. I plan on using it.

The cool part about bloggers is that it’s free and they do all of the work for you. You can even make some money if your site is approved. Mine isn’t. Maybe because I use Corky’s face. Maybe because I write about drugs.

You have to decide on a name. Mine is obviously I Have Issues. It’s not the best, but at the time that’s all I could think of. Now I think I should have called it my high school nickname Gregera. Or maybe “A Blog by Your Friendly Neighborhood Stoner.” And you can select some premade templates and layout.

So you click on new post. Then you have the options like font, color, links, and so fourth. Then you publish it. You can view it any time. I normally like to make a link to Facebook for each blog for my friends to visit.

It will show about ten blogs and then there is the archives of all of your old blogs. I recommend on writing in word and then post it. In fact it takes me longer to polish my grammar than write the damn thing. You will also have comment box where people like you make comments.

And I like checking my statistics. It tells you how many people have visited, when and from what country. It’s funny how people found mine. It will start with only a few people that stumbled on to it but by word of mouth you’ll get more. As of now I have almost 7000 pageviews and 315 blogs. Which isn’t that much really. I mean Maddox gets something like 100,000 pageviews for each writing and or picture. But he’s way smarter and funnier than me.

It even shows keywords that people have entered to get to your site. For example people have searched for octum’s razor and found my site. The funny thing is that it’s actually Occam’s razor or Ockham’s razor. But people like me thought that’s how you spell it. I get a ton of pageviews thanks to octum’s razor. And that’s pretty much it. I will love you to make a link to my page. So go forth and make your own webpage and be the next I Have Issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment