Monday 20 February 2012

Bad Memories

Who Am I?

I can be quite forgetful at times. My life is a bit of a blur. I even forget what year it is and how old I am. Did I already write a blog about my poor memory? Yes weed and huffing gas hasn’t helped it. By the way when I say I huff gas, sniff glue or drink Drano I’m only joking. Seriously people thought I was serious.

However I do know back in the Indian reserves kids actually huff gas. Give them some free pot or anything else than fucking gas. I also heard of this game kids play by choking themselves to get high from oxygen deprivation.

And I’ve heard on the show intervention of alcoholics so desperate that they drink mouthwash. I would rather be a heroine addict than some fumbling drunk idiot that can’t function without the booze or remember anything. And they basically drink and drive all of the time because they are drunk all of the time.

Being a pothead I only have so many brain cells left. But brain cells can regenerate; I learned that in psychology at Western. But I can be quite forgetful and forget half the things I have learned; except life isn’t fair. So true.

My first year I took many different classes. But I’m sure I have already written that. Psych 101 was a joke. I’m a wiz at multiple choices. I can’t fill in the blanks or write an essay question but when I look at the choices I can see the answer. “Oh professor do you really think you could have tricked me? Haha. It’s none of the above.”

I read the text book once but I only memorized the chapter summaries. And I got my personal best grade, something like 85%. That’s one of the reasons why I majored in psychology. That and that it is interesting and that I suck at everything else.

I thought film class would be a breeze and that I love movies. I was wrong. It was all about writing essays and writing essay questions on the exam and I suck at that. I’m a wiz at multiple choice however. One thing is that I’m completely dependent on spell check and gammar on Microsoft. I can’t spell at awl and my gammar is horrible. In fact I spend more time checking my grammer than the actually writing of the material. That’s why I ask for six sheets of blank paper before the exam so I can do a rough draft.

Do you ever look all over for your keys or your wallet? We have the table specifically (I needed spell check for the word specifically) for change and keys. But no I toss them and leave my wallet in the most random places. I look everywhere and think fuck I lost them. I ask if my mom has seen them and she asks me if I had my wallet and keys in my pocket. “Mom do you think I would check my pockets after looking all over the entire house? See look. Oh I guess you were right. I didn’t look hard enough.”

But my mom also puts things away and forgets where she put them. My dad’s tool room is a complete mess but he knows where everything is. He has a system and he asks my mom “where are the damn screws?” “I put them away.” And then they get into the same argument they had last month. And while they are at it my mom brings back shit from like 15 years ago.

The worst feeling is when I kind can’t find my Ipod or whatever and I accuse my mom of moving it. Then I see it on the floor. I apologize and give her a huge. “I’m sorry mom.” However I do hate when she cleans my room and everything and I can’t find my stash. “Mom what did you do with my stuff?” “I have no clue what stuff you are talking of.” “You know what I’m talking about.” Just then I realize I left it in the bottom drawer. “Oh never mind.”









No comments:

Post a Comment