Thursday 1 December 2011

Florida Trip Part Five: Shopping

Everyone knows that I love shopping. I like buying video games, movies, food and clothes. I go on my own, I’m quicker that way on foot and nobody really likes me spending time with me anyway. Greg you have been in the fitting room for ten minutes; just buy the damn thing.

I have a system; I look everywhere and if I see something that interests me I’ll go back. Then I will think it over because I hate buyer’s remorse. And I never buy anything just because it’s a good deal. For example I bought a pair of jeans because they were ten bucks. There was a reason why they were ten bucks and I never wear them unless I’m cutting the lawn or I don’t give a shit. And my mom cuts the lawn.

I’ve got so many video games that I have no time in my busy life to play them. I have about 500 dollars worth of DS games alone. Some that I haven’t even opened the package yet. It’s almost like a stamp collection for me and I never sell my games. So I go to the Electronic Boutique and got some good deals. I bought Sid Meier's Pirates for the Wii for ten bucks. What a sweet game, it’s a adventure strategy game about being a pirate where you take over ships, sword fight and other pirate related activities. I also got Professor Layton: Curious Village where you go around solving all types of puzzles and mysteries. Me and my Aunt Marg almost beat it. There were some impossible puzzles that I had to look up in the internet.

I love movies too even though my mom gets pissed off when I buy more. I tell her that they were on sale and only two dollars. They cost more. And my mom gets really pissed off with my dad for buying more movies and having nowhere to put them. I keep telling him that if they are really cheap then they are probably aren’t too good. Like Snow Dogs Three: The New Litter. I mean the original Snow Dogs obviously fucking kicked ass. But by the third one they were jumping the shark.

We have a huge book shelf packed to the rim. And there are two layers and is a bitch to look for the ones behind the others. I have many duplicates because I didn’t realize my dad already owned them or that my brother borrowed them.

So we go to this huge flea market and I spent about fifty dollars on movies and video games and swords. Okay no swords, I already have two Excalibur’s. My dad was a little pissed off with me because he told me that he’s only giving me money just in case. So I got the first season of Married with Children for five bucks and a slew of other great deals.

Marg and I were having these deep conversations about religion and everything. So I thought of buying Religulous even though I already own it. She loved it. Also we watch this series on Nova all about the universe and even alternate dimensions. It blew my fucking mind.

I have more than 25 nice T-shirts because I like to look good. I have every color except pink or purple, because those are girl colors. However 80’s neon colors are coming back and its okay even if you are a dude that to wear pink. But I would never wear pink. I got all kinds of great deals of clothing in the Vero Beach Mall even though I have more than enough. I kind of feel bad for poor people who hardly have any clothes and that are all raggedy. I wear better clothes to work out in or paint the deck. And my mom paints the deck.

I actually got these music T-shirts for 80% off. Seriously they were 80% off. I got this killer Grateful Dead shirt for five bucks. My dad gets a little annoyed with me spending so much but I tell him it’s only five bucks. You can’t beat that, my Subway Pizza sub is more expensive. Mmm Subway foot long.

So we were supposed to depart on Wednesday but me and Marg wanted to the see the conclusion of that Nova program. So we end up leaving on the American Thanks Giving. People were waiting for days to be the first in line for Black Friday. I thought it would be easier to just earn that money in that time but hey they probably don’t have a job. Ha-ha no jobs. Fucking losers.

So we leave around six and see the entire parking lot at Wal-Mart was packed. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of Thanks Giving. Why not just save Black Friday for another date. I don’t think that when the pilgrims had dinner with the natives they had this great deal on laptops the following day.

There were a slew of flyers with great deals like a fifty inch screen T.V. for fifty bucks that people are going to go fucking crazy for. I’ll bet it will be sold before I can say booya. And I have even heard this crazy lady used pepper spray on people to be the first one to buy whatever she desperately need. Ha-ha they busted her; did she actually think she could get away with it? Next time bring a gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment