Saturday 17 March 2012

Cast Away

My Own Island

I watched Cast Away and what a great movie. I’ve seen it before when it first came out on video. As you know Tom Hanks gets stranded on a stranded island. He works for Fed Ex and is obsessed with work. He’s yelling at people because they are five minutes late. He even misses Christmas in order to deliver mail and presents. I don’t know if this makes Fed Ex look good or bad.

So he’s on a plane that crashes into the ocean only so little Timmy can get his Deal or No Deal video game. Too bad nobody was getting a cell phone or surf board for Christmas.

Only Tom survives, which sucks to be him. He actually writes “Help” in the sand. First off it’s SOS and second a plane will never to see it. He does see a ship out in the far distance and starts yelling at it as if someone would actually hear him.

Life on a deserted island would be a million times better if you are with a girl (or guy). All you’d do is have sex, sleep and your woman can cook the fish that you catch. Too bad she can’t shave because that might be a tad gross.

The cool thing about being stranded is that there is no stress. You don’t have to wake up early for a job you hate and you don’t have to pay any taxes. Sure I couldn’t play Zelda, watch Golden Girls and drink cold beer, but I would be so relaxed and carefree on an island.

Tom spends like a day trying to start a fire and I’d think that would hurt just a little. I would have used the skate blades. I don’t think I would be able to start a fire. I have a hard enough time starting a camp fire with matches. Or even with gasoline.

Being alone, Tom talks to his volley ball friend Wilson. I as well talk to my imaginary friend Spalding the basketball when I’m lonely. Excuse me for one second. “What’s that Spalding? The new episode of House in on in ten minutes. Awesome, just let me finish of this blog.”

Now my teacher told us that we need water to survive and I ask what if you eat oranges because there’s a lot of juice in them. I would get tired of eating coconuts or fish. The first thing I would eat if I made it back to civilization would have to be McDonalds. I would order a thousand Big Macs and a medium fry.

Near the end he rides a hand made raft out in the ocean and he loses Wilson. He actually jumped off the raft to try to save a damn volleyball. Spoiler! Tom is finally rescued by a freighter and finds out his fiancé has married another man. Awkward. But at least he’s back. The first thing I would do is get hammered and hit the strippers.




No comments:

Post a Comment