Wednesday 27 April 2011

It's Comon Sense that it's Common Sense

I love my mom but my whole family knows all too well that she is the most stubborn person.  You can’t win an argument with her. She always wins and always says the last word.  And throws the phrase common sense like a boomerang. However common sense can be contradictory. For example, you have the phrase many hands make light work but also too many chefs spoil the broth.

I don’t think she even knows what it means.  For example, yesterday my mom was trying to get me to floss my teeth. I don’t care about them, I want golden teeth anyway.  So she says flossing adds five years to your life.  I doubt it and asked where she gets her information.  Besides I want to go out with bang instead of a stroke in some old people home. Quick trivia question; which retirement home do the Golden Girls want Estelle to go to? She says its common sense.

I never heard that flossing your teeth adds five years to your life is common sense. That’s like saying its common sense that in Super Mario 3 you save the hammer in World 3 until you make it to the dock, where you get a raft and go to three mushroom houses and two matching games where you go for the star. I’m like where is your source?  The internet. Yes the internet.

Well mom, you shouldn’t believe every thing you read, especially on the internet. Now that’s common sense. I thought check mate. But no she kept on talking.  Even the whole agree to disagree didn’t work. You’re wrong Greg, its common sense. I finally surrender and say the ole okay your right I’m wrong.  But she paused thirty seconds and then had to have the last word. It’s common sense that my mom always gets the last word.  Greg its time you took a break form the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment