Friday 29 April 2011

Something Seems Fishy - My Biggest Blog Yet

The biggest fish I have ever caught was a massive cat fish at Twin Lakes Park. What a fight; I was up against the Tyson of fish. I finally landed him or her. I tried pulling the hook out with my trusty pliers but the whole time it kept jumping and squirming around. I’m your friend, let me help you. I was about to just screw it and cut the line. But I didn’t want some poor fish to have a fucking hook down her throat.

The problem now is ducks. They have become conditioned to people feeding them. So out of fear of hooking some cute ducklings (I love when baby ducklings follow momma duck in a single file) I have to move locations. But they follow me. I was chucking rocks near them but they thought it was bread. And then there’s geese shit all over the place. Most annoying bird.  I hate the fact they are protected or I would blow them away with death ray. And where do they go in winter?

Salt water fishing is awesome. You can catch anything. Instead of the conventional worm you usually use shrimp or squid. I fished off a pier a couple of times, it was fun. But even better is deep sea fishing. You get onto this boat that has a capacity of fifty anglers, but usually only a third show up. They drive out about forty minutes into the ocean and stop at some hot spots for like 20 minutes. Along the way we saw dolphins swimming with us, it was awesome. They supply the rod, bait and everything and help out if needed. It was so easy. All you did was drop the line down to the bottom and wait until you feel a pull and reel him or her in. For some reason my dad’s line had two hooks. So we baited them both thinking to double our odds. Well he caught two fish at the same time. I think there is a picture somewhere. Everyone was catching fish like crazy. Me only caught I think were groupers and bass. But my dad caught a flounder. What a funny looking fish. Some guy caught a baby hammer head shark. I would have kept it and put on my mantle right next to Billy the Bass. And there were many more random catches. I got seasick half way through both times. The second time I thought I was prepared; I took a shit load of gavel. But it was all in my head. Don’t get sick again, don’t get sick. I’m sick. Land ho. At the dock they skin them and you go to the restaurant to have them cooked. But you don’t end up with nearly as much as you would expect. But still great eat even Captain Jack would approve of.

My dad has been working on his koi pond ever since O.J. was funny. Too bad the heater broke this year because of some electrical problem and he lost all of his fishes. Some big ones like ten years old. But he just got some more baby ones, Koi the Next Generation. (apparently koi isn’t in this word dictionary. I wonder if the people at Microsoft even know they exist. Haha I spelt dictionary wrong). Before that we had an aquarium I always tried staying up to catch them sleeping. I guess they don’t. And why can you feed them too much? I never knew fish could get fat, I thought they just get bigger.

Being a fish would suck. You don’t sleep because you are so paranoid that you will get eaten by a bigger fish. Always on alert, fish don’t have a chance to relax and have a cup of. Jo.  And you think fish would catch onto these baits and lures. Did you hear about Bob? Ya, pulled out onto the land. Another one. Word is it’s those shinny jaggy things that are going around.  (once again ya is underlined and the closest is suggestion is yaw. Are they from Finland?)

On a side note, I used to think mermaids from the Little Mermaid were hot. But later I  realized the bottom half of a mermaid is a fucking fish and you would be banging a fish. I wonder how the make babies. Do mermaids have one baby at a time like humans or lay some eggs. And I wonder what their kids would look like look like. And did you catch the priest at the wedding getting a boner?

Imagine a fish went fishing for you! You would grab a $20 dollar bill and the hook would dig right into your palm at which point you’d be sucked into the water. And nobody knows what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment