Saturday 30 July 2011

Be Yourself

I care way too much about what other people think of me. I go through great lengths just to impress people. People worry way too much about their appearances. Take women. They must spend like ten minutes to put their makeup on. Where they could have spent sleeping or eating Coco Puffs. And I find less is more with makeup, too much and you look like a clown.

I know tons of people who work out. And not for health reasons or anything, just to look good. There is this one girl I see every time I go to the gym. I normally don’t like anorexia chicks but she was hot.  But she was so skinny and spent an hour each day on the treadmill. I felt bad for her.

I myself battled my own problem with weight; all because of wrestling. I originally joined because I was natural skinny. Despite the fact I ate whatever I wanted. But I actually looked like a starving Ethiopian. So people who never knew me made fun of how skinny I was. Still I kept my weight down for the next two years just to do well at wrestling. I mean I gave up delicious food just so I can get a medal. What the fuck do you do with a medal?

So I finally snapped and started eating everything in sight and working out like crazy. Which at first was good, but I overdid it. I worked out too much and too often. I got really grouchy and depressed; all so I would look good.  I think people should get your priorities right. Ask yourself if this is going to make me happy? Its sounds corny but I got to relax and be myself and not the Fonz. And know that not everybody is going to like you.

Ever wonder what is cool? I mean I know when you aren’t cool. Like wearing a shirt with a wolf on it or playing World of Warcraft ten hours a day. Hey wait. Do you know people that try way too hard to be cool? Like people with subwoofers playing their music so loud you can hear them like three blocks over. Hey man, we’re listening to Slip Knot at max sound. We’re going deaf, but it’s worth it. Or take smoking. I know everyone at Alexander Mackenzie smokes because all their friends smoke. Sure it’s cool now, but it won’t be when you smoke three packs a day, have one of those robotic voice things and are dying of lung cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment