Monday 8 August 2011

Fun With Water

I love summer. Bring on the heat! And what’s summer without water sports?

As a kid I loved water fights. Me and my friends would intentionally fill the balloons half full so they won’t explode but smack you right in the face. And then there are the guns. I had super socker 1265 or something. It was almost too heavy to carry. I liked filling them up with freezing cold water and aim right for the eyes. And you could have forgotten slip n slide? What a fun way to pass the time in the heat. I think it would be better to use it on actual hill.

Speaking of slides do you remember the first time going down a water slide at Splash Down? I was so freaking scared of going up the steps. I get up there and was going to go back down. My brother insisted and so I went.  Wow how exhilarating! Now it’s just kind of sad. Good thing the park has water balloon launchers to shoot at people and some good old putt putt.

My family has a massive pool. Well it used to be when we were small. The problem was that my neighbor’s tree hung over the pool so the pool is in the shade and bugs would drop down into the pool. Oh great another spider. So you had to clean regularly. Put some more chlorine in it dad. And put the cover on. I never just leap into the pool; I had to do it gradually step by step. Now without the trees its gets a lot better.

We had a diving board but it cracked. I think it was one of my brother’s friends that went on it and it finally collapsed under his feet. We ordered a new one but the business went bankrupt. Years later we find out they opened again. I was never able to do flips like my brother. Every time I wuss out or land right on my back. He also sometimes jumps from the garage. Which I think is stupid. If you missed calculated it then there goes your legs.

We played some water sports in the pool.  One was Marco polo. It was awesome but I knew people cheated. Hey you looked. Hey you didn’t say polo. I was underwater. The most fun part was fish out of water. I was already in the air too late sucka. We also played a thing similar to water polo where the steps are the net. But it has to stay in. If you hit the ball out of the pool you get a penalty. Whoever wins gets to play goalie. And its always good fun to play king of the innertube.

But having a pool is not all cracked up to be. Now the only thing I do in the pool is cool off; maybe lay in the chair. I like Stic’s pool; you can make whirlpools or use his toys. Ha-ha use his toys? And I like to see how long someone can stay underwater. I think Stics has me beat. This guy can stay under water for more than a minute. Me? I can’t afford to lose any more brain cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment