Friday 19 August 2011

Stairway to Heaven

This is a blog for atheist and pessimist. It’s a downer. I have said this before, but if you are religious or naïve than this blog isn’t for you. So please don’t read this. I’m serious. You don’t want to know what I’m thinking. But I bet your curiosity is killing you.

Welcome fellow atheists. It’s a hard lesson but life isn’t fair. Some people are just born rich, smart, and good looking and then there are people like me. I think the universe doesn’t know right from wrong or discriminate what’s good and evil. I think everyone feels entitled to be happy in this life or the afterlife. I think Heaven is real in the mind of a person. They think they will go to heaven their whole life and as soon as they die they won’t realize that there isn’t a heaven and I will never know that I was right all along.

I’m actually thinking of reading the entire bible and writing my own book. But I wish they would edit some of this shit. There is so much nonsense and useless information. I don’t see how reading it will make you a better person. Why don’t they explain more about the afterlife in the bible? You might think they would write more about something as important. But no, they write about Abraham’s gynecology and I guy living in a fish.

I mean I wish I was going to go to this island resort in the sky and that my life isn’t completely meaningless. But I took the red pill. Unless you think playing videogame all day is a good life.

A part of me still wonders if something good will happen after I die. I may not accept Jebus in my life but I think I’m a good person and that what really counts in life. I think God could care less if you worship him, eat fish on Fridays and waste your Sunday mornings hearing about the protocol son again. So if there was a heaven than I’m sure I’d get in and play poker with Jebus. I think the last sin I committed was scrapping another car, as I opened the door, in the parking lot and driven away.

What’s the point of this life anyway? Is it a test to see if you go to Heaven or Hell? Why not just skip this whole thing we call life and let everyone go directly to Heaven. And not give the chance for some evil person to fuck it up.

Look at all of the sickness, war and fathom. Why do some children have to suffer cancer? Their life is agony; I hope they will have something positive to look forward to. People need the idea of this God that loves you and you will go to a better place. It’s opium for the masses if you will. But I do believe the good in this world far outweighs the bad. Some people just have to fill their role in life. However the Universe is perfect when you really think about it.

What happens if someone is born into a shitty life that becomes evil because of their circumstances? It’s easy for someone who gets lucky in life to be good but hard for those who are misfortunate.

The funny thing is that I know religious people who are huge douche bags. I’ve met people wearing a cross necklace who are total assholes. I was debating with one guy at college about Christianity. His big argument was that Thomas Edison, who is a genius, believed in god. My repute was that many other scientists are atheists and that just because Edison was smart at some things doesn’t mean he is a good theorist.

And still this douche was completely racists. There are levels of racism. You have the old black guy jokes up to the crazy racists like the KKK rednecks. He was in the middle. How can he believe in God and know you are supposed to be good and still be racists? A side note: I’m not racists but I’ll admit every time I see a black person in Sarnia the first thing that comes to mind is there goes a black person.

Do all dogs go to heaven? I don’t know why they can’t? Christians hate evolution; it totally fucks everything up for them. Man has evolved from a common ape ancestor. It was a slow transition; it never just went from ape to man instantly. So here’s my point, how come apes can’t go to heaven? It’s like saying an ape had the first human baby but the human’s parents don’t go to heaven and the human doesn’t get to see grandpa ape.

I always wonder if a one week old fetus goes to heaven. I mean how they can have a heaven for something that hasn’t had the chance to develop a personality or anything. I mean at what point does the fetus goes to heaven. What about a day old thing that’s just a bunch of cells.

How old are you in Heaven? I often hear people saying they want to meet grandpa again. How old would gramps be? A teenager? I would find it strange seeing my Nana the same age as me. I think we wouldn’t share the same heaven but have our own exclusive heaven. A heaven perfectly suited to you. Or else everybody would be after Chris Farley and he would be so tired of being admired.

What would Heaven be like? Do you enter the pearly gates and Saint Peter gives you an orientation. Hey there buddy you passed the test. Here is a name tag and your wings. The big guy is just a little tied up right now; another volcano erupted. The wait is several hours, but hey you got all the time in the after world. Do you like magic brownies? It’s legal here.

I don’t believe in Hell for several reasons. If Jebus loves you and died for our sins then why the fuck are people still going to Hell then? Also why would people go to Hell for forever? I mean life is about a 100 years and the afterlife is like a billion years. It’s like sending a person to life in prison for stealing a shamwow. And if Satan wants you to do evil things than he wouldn’t punish sinners. He would congratulate them and Hell would be one giant party where everything goes.

What I don’t get is how the physics are in Heaven? Come on think about it for one second people. Are we still made up of molecules and does light travel the same? Do we eat or fly around.

What do we do all day for forever anyway? Do we have an agenda? Do we play cribbage at one and coed volley ball at three? Wouldn’t people simply get tired after a million years? Or is it like we are high on crack forever. Can you do evil deeds once in Heaven? Can you kill someone with your halo? And conversely can you do something good in Hell to be rewarded and promoted to Heaven?

I may not know what happens when you die. But I don’t think it is this wonderful paradise where you can eat Big Macs, play Nintendo and drink all day. I think Heaven is more like the ending of A.I. or American Beauty. A perfect stasis that stretches forever.
Life is short. It’s like playing Mario Tennis. You may suck and lose but hey you had a chance to play. And I think life is like a brief dream in a long slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment