Monday 19 September 2011

Je ne Parle pas Francais

So as you all know, Canada is a bilingual country. Why?  I forget. I think the French had an agreement to form a country with the rest of the English speaking settlers and keep their French language and culture.

Quebecers whine a lot and always threatens to separate from Canada. Fuck them; let them form their own country. See how well they do without our support.

I hate their language. Why do they have male and female words? And they have these endings such as “vous avez.” There are just too many unnecessary words. I think the letter “a” is much easier than une or un. I can’t even say them differently. And they talk backwards like Yoda such as saying bar chocolate. Or Chocolat, de film.

So I hate the fact that we have two names or writings on all of our products such as on cereal boxes. I’m sure they understand Lucky Charms by looking at the box. (In French) "What are these marshmallows and symbols I have no fucking idea what kind of cereal this is?" What a waste of space on my box.  It’s like we have to put French warnings because a French person might now know not to look into the laser pointer. Or why are there two Zelda manuals despite the fact that the game is only in English. Does anyone notice this? They read the manual and are like what the fuck is a master sword?

I think French immersion is the worst idea ever. So to keep you up to date, a lot of schools are becoming French immersion which means they teach in French at school and let their parents teach them English at home. Why the fuck would they do that? I don’t know.

Most of the teachers speak English. That means teachers must learn French quick if they want to keep their jobs. Or do we get new teachers that can speak French?

It would be much easier just to teach all of the French students with English immersion than the other way around. Think of the math. For sake of argument let’s say 80% percent of students are English, 15% French and the rest are other languages. So think of it this way. All the French kids will know English and the English kids will know French. Hmm.

I don’t know the numbers but aside from Chinese, I think English is the most popular language and is getting more predominant world wide. I would rather know Japanese or Spanish. I mean how many French speaking countries are there?

I would much rather be good at English than good a French and okay at English. It’s going to confuse all of the kids. You have these kids mixed up in two languages. He would be like jeu want chololat icream. How do you tell what’s English and what’s French. And I wonder how they think with two languages?


Now it’s up to the parents or parent to teach their kids English. Some parents are too busy or just not good teachers. And how can you help out with homework because the parents don’t know a fucking word of French. It’s like your kid coming home speaking sign language and you have no clue what’s he is saying and you like look you are a fucking retard.

With school, homework, English lessons, chores, sports, the children have no leaser time and are totally swamped. Where do they have time to play with other kids or play Nintendo? That’s not a happy childhood. I would hate them watching Simpsons in close captioning. He said doo! Not due!

And finally why are they teaching French immersion? Because they can get government jobs and such. That’s as far as I know. The thing is that these jobs requiring bilingualism are going to be filled up and thus there was no point taking French Immersion at all.  Now the person is left with broken English and a useless language. Worst idea, I really want to see how this plays out?

No comments:

Post a Comment