Friday 30 September 2011

Go Sting Go

So my dad got some Sing tickets off a scalper for us. The Sting were playing the Brampton Battalion. What ugly uniforms; they were puke green and yellow. We were at the end which I don’t normally like because it’s hard for me to see the goalie at the other end. The good thing was that there were only few people in our row. I usually sit beside that fat man who takes both arm rests and gets up every play to grab some more food. I got some beer for like five bucks, and they were selling glass bottles. I don’t know whose fault that was. Is dangerous and a mess if it breaks.

So I’m waiting in line for some pizza and I’m getting impatient and there was only few left and people kept ordering them. I’m hoping little Timmy doesn’t buy one. So I got this pathetic small slice that was all crust and no pepperoni. And so I’m like what’s this? Can I get a real slice? So she got me the biggest one. Yeah!

There were these annoying kids behind us. The whole game they were blowing their horns and getting mad at players. They kept yelling at the players to shoot or how to play. This isn’t NHL 94, you don’t control the players, nor can they hear you. What little Timmy, you want me to shoot? I was just going to pass it or carry or wait for a better angle. But I’m only a hockey player and you are a ten year old spectator. Or they kept yelling at the referees. What little Timmy, it was offside? I’m just a certified referee with a much better view but I will take your advice. Whistle, stop the play. Stop the play. Little Timmy says it was offside.

So after the second period they shot out free T-shirts to the nosiest fans. I don’t understand why kids give a shit about some stupid shirt. People go wild over free things. The genius kids didn’t realize that we were at the end of the rink and there is a fucking net that goes up to the ceiling. There is no way in hell that they can throw it over. One kid knew this. He was hardcore; he was running along the rink to get one. He ran from one side to the other side for a five dollar T-shirt. Me and my brother laughed our assess off.

Wow what an exciting game! It was tied pretty much the whole game and there were many shots and close calls. The goalies were phenomenal. There were a lot of penalties and one awesome fight. So it went to over time and then to shootouts. There were some fancy dekes but we couldn’t score. Our last player fucked up royally and missed his shot completely. But to top it off, if the Sting score three goals then one section gets a free hamburger at Harvey’s with your ticket. And guess what, it was our section. Good thing I kept my ticket because tomorrow I’m getting a burger with every thing on it and a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment