Wednesday 22 June 2011

Beachin

When people meet me they might think I’m intelligent… until I open my mouth and something stupid like can beavers and moles do it and have kids? Just a day ago I was playing poker and said this has been a cold summer. One of the girls replied that it’s actually the first day of summer. I felt stupid. I thought it started earlier.

But wow we are finally getting hot weather. It’s time take off the T-shirt, show the six pack and strut for the ladies. I’ve heard a lot of people have been hitting the beach. Thank the inventor of bikinis. I love when the girls are getting tans and can’t see you checking them out. Me, I’m naturally tanned. But for poor Stics the sun is his worse enemy.

The cool thing about our beaches is that its fresh water and we don’t have to worry about giant teeth monsters. The life guard is yelling at kids; hey we think we have spotted a large mouth bass! Everyone out of the water now! However I do love the white sand at Florida. Our sand is brown and there are tons of rocks; very irritating.

As a child I loved playing in the sand; making sand castles or digging for water. I hated getting buried. I have claustrophobia, among others like altophobia (fear of heights) Ablutophobia (fear of bathing) and Omphalophobia (belly buttons). We used to swim out really far and my mom would lose it. Kids come back you’ll drown!

I love going to the beach on windy days for the waves. Or we would go for river runs, starting at the treatment plant and getting out at the bridge. Loads of fun but scary for someone who still doggy paddles. I was freaking out like crazy one day and was drifting farther and farther from the shore. Was I tired. And in Canada we’re men, we can handle the cold water. Funny I was in Florida and me and two other people were in the ocean. We got chatting and I find out they are from Canada too.

2 comments:

  1. I think your goal this summer should be to learn how to swim properly or at least increase the strength of your dog paddle stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I’ll do laps around the pool and will be a Navy Seal in no time. Unless the water is cold.

    ReplyDelete