Thursday 2 June 2011

Seven Cent Candies

Whets the deal with ending a price with a nine? You’re not fooling anyone. Wow I saved a cent! I’m pretty sure people consider 99 cents or 97 cents the same as a dollar. I won’t even pick up penny. I always use the give a penny take a penny or donate it to Tiny Tim so he can afford new crutches. But that penny would add up for the store however. Then there is the whole 14.99 and up, which is pretty useless, it could be anything Oh jolly it’s at least 14.99. It’s like saying 1 cent and up. I think it would be much much easier if they just included the tax in the price and make it a round number for everyone.

Its funny today I went to get some bridge fries with my mom and they now have just today added tax on fries. And they guy kept saying it’s now $4.20 or whatever. I’m sure he will change the sign later. So if my math is right that’d be 5%. I hope they don’t do that with garage sales and kids selling lemonade.

And inflation is a bitch. I was at Lakeshore variety store and they finally did it, they raised the price on 5 cent candy! Holy shit. It’s now 7 cents!  Which I still don’t think they even make a profit. And I usually get candy when I’m baked so it will only make that much harder to count. My mom blames it on the stupid Iraq war and gas. It’s like a chain effect. The truckers waste more money on gas and then our staples go up and my Count Chocula costs $8.00 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment