Wednesday 1 June 2011

Who Are You?

I saw memento at film class with our flaming professor. The first day I made a bet that he was gay. Three weeks later he came out big time. I’m sure he was already out of the closet, but he said something gay like he wished he himself could conceive a child and he doesn’t mean his girl friend.

Any who I never even heard of Memento till film class. This is my type of movie. I loved it, what an experience. I took it in psychology where people have no short term memories and can’t make new memories past the incident or whatever. So every five minutes it kind of resets. And those suffering of it go insane as you can imagine. So his wife gets killed and he gets injured by the robbers and loses his short term memory. And the plot is that he wants to track down those robbers, but can’t remember who they are. The coolest part is the movie goes backwards so the first scene is the last scene.

People blame it on the weed but I had had horrible memory my whole life. I would be a million times smarter if I had better memory. I would be a million times smarter if I had better memory. For instance, right now I forgot something I was going to say and my grammar check thing underlined like thirty words, including the word grammer itself.  Sometimes it is so bad my spell check has no idea what word I want to spell right.

So I never learn people’s names, and instead I just say buddy instead. It gets bad in hockey or poker. Speaking of poker, everyone has a number right. Good thing my poker number is 2469. It’s funny, it’s easier for me to remember two four of Molson Canadian and the good old sixty nine.

My life is like one big scavenger hunt. Just the other day I spent 15 minutes at the Wal-Mart parking lot looking for the wrong car. It takes me a while to adapt to new things; I keep thinking someone is visiting us because I forgot my mom got a new car. And I leave stuff in the most random places. It’s like I should have learned by now to put Ipod on the table by the door the same spot every time. But no I’m going straight to my computer to play some World of Warcraft and leave my Ipod on the television. And one of my most used line is I was going to say something but I forgot. Which drives me nuts. Oh right now I remember, did you see the Golden Girls episode where Blanche fucks a donkey.

I never knew anyone who had alzheimer's. But I’m sure it isn’t good. I hear that some people don’t even remember their own children. Who are you? I’m Stix remember, I was the one who got the aids. However, you meet new people every day. I would leave a note saying watch Snow Dogs 4, you’ll love it. And so I could watch it everyday as if it was the first time I saw it. And get blown away by the climatic ending each time.

What’s your earliest memory? Two I recall were when I was four and hid in the garbage can. Or my fifth birthday where I got roller-skates and my dad was going to catch me but I fell down right before him, skinned my knees and was screaming. Wait, now I remember my earliest memory was when I was in the third trimester and I went insane because of the cluster phobia

No comments:

Post a Comment