Thursday 16 June 2011

Tipsy

If you recall the beginning of Reservoir Dogs the character played with Steve Bu, Bushma, Buscemi the crazy looking guy made a point about tips. Where do we draw the line? I understand waiters or bar tenders depend on their tips. But now I notice some ice-cream stores and fry trucks have tip cups. I’ve even went through drive through at Bugger King and they had a tip cup (I’m sure the manager didn’t know).

I have nothing wrong with giving tips at bars or restaurants. It is a sad fact of life that hotter waitresses get better tips. It’s the only reason why men go to Hooters. It’s overpriced and the food sucks but we guys love looking at boobs without feeling totally creepy. And when you’re really drunk you definitely leave better tips.

Of course I was wasted almost walked out of bar without paying. Good thing I’m a regular and know one the waitresses. I later wondered if I’d have to clean their dishes to work off my dept.  And I hate getting male waiters at bars. Hey fellas my name is Rick what kind of drinks can I get ya?
Commission is even worse. They are like vultures, everyone hounding you and competing for their commission. It doesn’t even work. It makes the shopper uncomfortable and stressful for the employees. Imagine they had commission at Wal-Mart. That would be hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment