Monday 16 May 2011

Carpe Diem

Do you ever stop and think what you really want to do with your life. I’m mean when you are on your deathbed what are you glad to have done and what should you have to done. I mean we have but one life to live and it’s short. And you can’t change the pasts (this is one my own problems).  We get into these routines and live pretty much the same thing day to day. Try something new each day. Today I tried the third pound burger at McDonalds. Awesome, what a day!

And we must be glad to what we have and not what we don’t have. My collection of clothes means a lot to me. It makes me happy. I actually try all of them on every once in a while. I also love my assortment of video games. Even on reverse retirement I can’t even begin to play them all. But what happened if my house caught on fire from a roach I left and I lost everything. And you have to start from scratch. Do you know how hard it is to find mircomachines on the N64? What an awesome game. The more you have the more you can lose. I’m sure some guy in Kenya could give a shit if his hut got blown down and he lost his Sega Genesis. I can’t imagine what I’d do without my Golden Girls DVD box set.

And I’m sometimes jealous of rich people that can afford more weed than they could even begin to smoke, have three 80 inch screen televisions, order Pizza Hut every three hours and go on cruises. That would be heaven! Sometimes I miss out on going on trips to Europe, New York or Vegas like my friends who aren’t on reverse retirement do. Sometimes I pretend I’m at Amsterdam. But anyone can afford to rent Snow Dogs 3: Snow Puppies. It’s not like rich people enjoy it more with their caviar popcorn.

One of my problems is is I’m like the cricket. I store and save things and plan to do something one day. But that day never comes. For example I once saved up my Halloween candy and didn’t eat it right away. It went bad and I had to throw it away. Or I buy all of these video games and controllers to play with my friends but I hardly see them and when I do we have better things to do than play Mario Party. I always postpone things. Well I’m going to start living in the presence. And not to be so damn cheap!

You got to enjoy the little things like a good cup of coffee and read the next Garfield comic strip. Oh Garfield you got to stop with the catnip. I find that my golden years are much better than when I was young. I have nothing really to worry about and enjoy playing shuffle board with the fellow retirees when I’m in Florida.

I think somebody should write a good book in what they did wrong and what they did right in life. Things like lessons everyone has learned too late. Like how to enjoy your youth. I use to puke on regular bases, but never learned because when I’m drunk I like to get more drunk. I don’t even remember the last time I puked. I think it was at a huge house party and I puked macaroni all over Aaron's place. That’s one of the last times I drank booze. I’m a beer drinker now. I think some of my own lessons are to learn to relax and not worry so damn much about what others think of you. I also use to work out like five times a week and hated it and didn’t give myself enough time to recoup. I only workout now twice a week and definitely recommend it. And of course smoke weed. I’ve already written infinity blogs about weed but you definitely think outside the box and whats important in life. Now I’m going to smoke some weed and watch Dances with Wolves.

2 comments:

  1. Dances with Wolves... Excellent choice!

    Remind me to tell you the story of how I came to own a copy of the Extra Long Director's Cut version of that movie. It's a classic Stickley tale.



    -stickley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool I’ll give you shout sometime. Does your movie have extra long footage of Kevin Costner taking a bath in the pond?

    ReplyDelete