Monday 2 May 2011

Oil Spills and the Poor Otters

I much rather watch a low budget drama with a good story than some super special effects blockbuster. Ground Hog Day is a perfect example. It had a clever plot where he relives the same day every day. They went through all of the motions. I think 90% of the budget went to Bill Murray.

Take Armageddon and Deep Impact. People think they are in the same category. I think they are completely different. One is a serous drama the other a silly action flick.

Am I the only one who thought it was retarded? The only thing I liked about it was Liv Tyler. I think it would be much easier to train astronauts to drill a fucking hole than to train drillers to become well trained astronauts. You know it’s a bad movie if you can barely remember any scenes. One I remember is at the beginning where they are on that off shore oil drilling thing. Bruce Willis is actually firing a shot gun at Ben Affleck for fucking Liv Tyler. Oh what mischief. Another part I remember was when they guy went crazy and was shooting bullets everywhere. Why the fuck would you bring guns? Are they being cautious in case they run into aliens or Russians?

Deep Impact on the other hand a great script and talented actors. It had some special effects and less was more. The writers had to think of all the different possibilities. They go into depth about how the world would react. It was very realistic. And it had loveable Morgan Freeman as the president. He reminds me of Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment