Monday 2 May 2011

Vote Greg!

My mom dragged me out to vote today for the first time. She says all over world people die trying to bring democracy and elect politicians of their choice. I tell her I don’t know anything about politics so my vote would be completely useless. It would just saturate the serious votes. She replied that I should have been following the news and campaigns.  She said you have voice, it’s a privilege. So you want to vote for Davidson. I knew nothing about her or her party. Of course my parents can’t agree and so my dad votes for another party. It pretty much nulls each other’s vote

And I don’t think it really mattes to me who wins. Unless it affects me and my living in my parent’s basement and on my reverse retirement life. I couldn’t care less. They might be a crackpot that believes in aliens and wants all of us to all wear sliver leotards. Unless of course they want to legalize marijuana. And if they do legalize it in California, I’m moving. I much rather vote for the U.S. president, because he or she have so much influence on the entire world.

We of course already had a female prime minister for short stint. What is her name?  Kim something. But I wonder how many years until a female president. is elected. Her husband would of course be the first husband. After that who knows? Maybe the first man of Asian decent. Or the first bisexual latino woman. Or the first transsexual mexican. Or the first down syndrome president. Oh wait, we already had one. George W. Bush.

4 comments:

  1. Wait... Are you saying that you voted for Pat Davidson because your mom told you to?

    -stickley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Good call. Because if anyone is looking out for the unemployed, pot-smoking, atheist demographic.... it's the Conservative Party of Canada.

    Good Lord....

    ReplyDelete